Off to Mainz we went, which meant I got to go onto the Autobarn. WAHOOOOOOO! No speed limit, so I was all buckled in and ready to go. This was as fast as the little VW Polo would let us go, before we would take off. But boy oh boy, there were some FAST puppies on that piece of road. And the odd dumb arse truck that thought they could roam in the fast lane. Not cool!
 |
| Sunshine on the Autobarn. Fastest hour I have ever had driving. |
 |
| Into Mainz, after we had dropped all my stuff at Elisa's flat. |
 |
| The detail on all of these buildings are amazing. Untouched, even during the war. |
The weekend I was there was not only a religious weekend, but also a holiday to celebrate the man who invented the printing press, who came from Mainz. So, in celebration mode, the little place had a carnival. Had not been to one since I was a little kid, but this was on another level. Food GALORE, rides, entertainment, beer, more beer, candy, crepes (YUMMO. And even more amazeballs was that they put kinda bars into their crepes. HEAVEN ON EARTH...and in my mouth!) Umm, yes, beer, singers, comedians (didn't understand what was sooo funny...). Ahh it was exciting, and on for the next two nights.
 |
| These heart cookies were everywhere. Some tradition and there was one for every occasion. |
 |
| Macadamia nuts with caramel on the outside. Amazeballs. Yes, I might just be using that word a few times in relation to food. Germans know the good stuff! |
 |
| Could whip these facade details quick smart on Autocad, yes? |
 |
| Me and my moose friend. Was a great landmark so I knew where I was. And that I had passed it about 10 times in one night. Running around in circles I was. |
 |
| Toy anyone? |
 |
| 50Cent joined the party. ha |
 |
| Typical German Family Photo. |
 |
| Married couple getting there photos taken on this beast. Looked amazing, but the fat photographer and his assistant didn't look like they were enjoying themselves and they were going around and around backwards, and trying to take pretty snaps. |
 |
| The Beach. Yes, Elisa asked if I would like drinks on the beach. Of course I said yes, but this was the beach. By the river. Very cool, but not what I thought it was...for example...Whangamata. |
 |
| But man they made STRONG drinks. And it started raining. So we drank up quick (WOW) and off we went. |
 |
| This makes me chuckle. Elisa asked me what the typical German wears and looks like. This photo explains it pretty well. She tried to deny the fact the Germans wear sandals and socks, yet every man we saw was wearing just that. HAHAH |
 |
| I found a kiwi friend! |
 |
| Dinner was a traditional sausage with a gravy and curry powder. It was delish, or should I say amazeballs. Yes, AMAZEBALLS! |
After drinks (WOW, they are strong over here), and some food, we decide we should go on at least one ride. This is Elisa's happy and excited face...
AND this was mine...
But once we got going, I was happy. Just didn't like it when the bloody thing stopped, mid air, and rocked. These rides creep me out, the temporary structures that they are. As fast as they are put up, they can come back down.
Very good night out! Thanks to the man who invented that printing press.
And this was the last time I saw this scarf. I want it back, like NOW. So if you find it, give it back. Ta muchly.
No comments:
Post a Comment