Saturday, 3 September 2011

Edinburgh continued...


Architecture to tickle the taste buds of even the most aesthetically challenged people.
 
Kelly and I before Disco in the Dundgeon. This was a festival thing, that was, in a nut shell, a disco that started around 1am in a several hundred year old dudgeon. HOW COOL?! This place was amazing to gaze at, wish I had decent light to take some shots of the inside. It was like the jail cells you see in old movies, all these little little spaces, that I had trouble standing up in. All stone, which NO windows. Made for a rather hot night, as the place was packed wall to wall. The music was all the tunes people know, from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and today. Also, there was supposed to be magic and some comedy, but instead we got a Russian looking women / girl who was supposedly Burlesque dancing. She just looked like a stripper to us, with a very minimal minimal amount of dance moves. The first time she came out, all the boys were excited. The second time, I don't think anyone actually watched her. Enough said. But it was a fantastic night with Kelly and her friends. The night finished with us roaming the streets around 5am looking for a taxi, trialling up the three flights of stairs, and finishing off with some Gran inspired Mouse Traps, which NZ MARMITE! Enough said, it was great. And it must have been great, as I didn't get up the next morning till 12. Ahh thank you Sundays.

Food Festival. Sunday after Disco in the Dudgeon, Kelly and I wondered down to this festival, which was out the back of the Queens Palace, where she stays when she is in town. The flag wasnt up, so she wasnt in. Shame really, would have loved to share a cuppa with her! This festival was delish for the eyes and taste buds. Luckly for me, I knew we were going here to avoided yee old hangover, unlike someone, so I was salavating at all the yummy things on display. MMM...

This stuff was GOOD!


So was this!









Me at the food festival, with Arthurs Seat in the background.






Yummy yummy Crepe




No comments: