Monday, 11 June 2012

Next Chapter


So, it has taken me a while to let go and forget about what I spent doing for nine and a half months of my life (although in my letter of recommendation, it says I was only there for seven...). I never mentioned on here what Nannying was really like, incase my boss ever found this. Its not classy. But, I learnt so much being a Nanny for a family that I had never meet before and becoming a part of a culture I had never ever come across. It was bloody challenging, and I do not want my own children for a very long time. Sorry Mum. I knew this before I started Nannying, but I want to bring up my kids without a Nanny, and in New Zealand. There are so many different acceptances over here of various things...they thought I was weird walking outside on the grass in bear feet. When I made the kids do it, they loved it!

I don't want to ramble on here.

But I taught those kids a hell of a lot, and I worked effing hard at my job. Yes, there are some slack arse Nannies around but I was not one of them. And I have my parents and my family to thank for that. Also, some people think Nannying is easy (yeah, I'm talking about you, Bud) but if only they knew.

So, finally I have finished and sending of my gifts for the kids. The parents are not getting anything, but well mannered children that eat a lot more than what they did before I arrived on the scene.

Farewell, kiddy winks. Do something cool, and learn something.

Much love,
M


* my first attempt at illustration.

No comments: