Well, turns out most of this bunch, as well as being good at everything, they are also good / great / AMAZE BALLS at rock climbing. Of course they bloody are.
Me on the other hand, well I very quickly realised that my slight fear of falling was actually a rather large fear. It was like I had drunk 10 cups of coffee and decided to do this for a spot of good laughs. If you know me well enough, you know what I am like on coffee. So add that image to the image of me in a harness and hanging off a rock face.
Not. Pretty.
But, I tried.
And must I say, I dominated some walls. These walls that I totally kicked arse on were the kiddy walls. So the 'rocks' I held on to where in the shape of elephants, lions, cats, dogs and ice creams.
The thought of giving my life over to someone on the 'real' walls scared the (insect adjective here) out of me. But I gave it a go as Callan, being a buff pro, said he had it all under control.
What felt like 5 hours later, I managed to climb up all of about 10 feet off the ground.
And with a very elegant "Ahhhhhhh", I swung my way back down to the ground.
The ground NEVER felt so good.
I spent the rest of the afternoon watching at these Americans bust out some serious moves.
I sat there, feeling a real need for the Wii and Just Dance. Cause I know I could kick everyone's butt with that.
Here is a picture of me rock climbing.
![]() |
| Look Mum, no hands. |

No comments:
Post a Comment