Sunday, 8 January 2012

A post dedicated to Henri.




Yes, I painted these. Cool huh?

Totally joking people...

But seeing Henri Matisse paintings for the first time was amazing to say the least. People always ask me if I am named after him, which yes, I am. It's not like my parents jumbled some random letters together. Also, they ask if my parents were big fans of him, and I say no. Because they didn't really know who he was. But the name is what they liked. And so once I was born, we got some books and prints about the guy, but I never read any of them. Didn't really interest me to be honest. Now if there was a movie about him, I might take an interest. Sorry art appreciation police, but its all true.

So when I got to see these paintings for reals, my interest in him grew a little.

Plus, it was rather cool to see my name everywhere.

No comments: