Saturday, 14 April 2012

Off to the Doctor for Easter Weekend

This "must blog more" and "photo of the day" were interrupted due to Easter. But I did continue to take photos, which I was going to upload on Easter Monday.

Things changed when my glands blew up like rugby balls on the side of my face, and my great country holiday became something of a party for one in bed.

As most places were closed during Easter weekend, my medicine was painkillers, Vit C and the amazing collection of Vogue Magazines at my disposal.




I am very cleaver little pup you see. I went to the doctor and found out I had Bacterial Tonsillitis. Great, huh?! And, what makes me super cool is the fact I don't have tonsils. So antibiotics it was for me, and more rest...and the week off work.

It should have been a sign that I was the only one sitting at the dinner table on the first night of holiday goodness, with at least five cardigans on, a Bennie, two pairs of socks, slippers AND a hot water bottle on my lap, and not thinking anything of it. Until someone, who has known me since the day I was born, walks around the door and says "Oh GOD! You do not look good."

For the seven days I was away, I napped for at least four hours each day. And had no trouble getting shut eye (at 9pm) each night. The whole concept of "slowing down" doesn't quite work for me, nor anyone I know in my family. I knew this job was tough, HA, don't even get me started on what I do on a weekly basis. But there does come a time when your body knows whats going on and you have to stop. And sleep. And sleep. And sleep some more.

When I was talking to the doctor, she asked me what a typical day was like at work, so I began to explain my day to day diary as a Nanny. Her eyes got bigger and bigger the more I said, and I thought that because it was generally the same thing each week, it doesn't excuse the fact that I walk EVERYWHERE, and fast, all over London. Bus here, tube there, walk here, there, everywhere. I don't have a car, and the youngest kid I look after is something else. The doctor said that I should have been getting colds here and there, but from what she gathered of my itinerary, my body had trapped all illnesses and when I stopped for bearly a day, my body decided to HEY, get sick. And properly.

So, a lesson learnt.

And, I finish this job next week.

So hears hoping that this tonsillitis is all the sickness my body decides to throw upon me. Because I got things to do, but at a slower rate.

No comments: